Our team of nurses, social workers, therapists and respite care volunteers offer comprehensive support for the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of the individual. By taking hospice care into the home, Little Haven supports people to remain in their own environment and maintain their preferred lifestyle as much as possible, maximising quality of life.
The majority of people with a life limiting disease wish to remain at home in their own familiar environment with the company and support of family and friends. Our service aims to make this a possibility by providing a range of support and assistance to the individual and their carers and by providing information to help clients understand their options and manage at home if they wish.
Little Haven Provides:
- Practical and emotional support following diagnosis of a life limiting illness
- Home visits by a specialist palliative care team
- Palliative care nurses on call 24 hours every day
- Management of pain and symptoms in consultation with your GP and Sunshine Coast Specialist Palliative Care Service
- Free loan of home nursing equipment
- Carer Education
- Complementary Therapies
- Companionship and family support by trained volunteers
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Bereavement support program
- Community education related to death and dying and loss and grief
- Education for aged care facilities and health care professionals
The service is available in the Gympie area and surrounds~ bounded by Kilkivan and Tairo in the North,Tin Can Bay and Rainbow Beach in the East, Mary Valley in the West and Boreen Point and Pomona in the South.