Our Bereavement Support Staff: Lisa McAulay (Social Work), Petrina Fox (Social Work)
HELPING people accept loss and supporting them in their grief is an important part of the work Little Haven Palliative Care do.
Our support staff have experience dealing with bereavement issues and provide one on one support to any of Little Haven’s patients or families who wish to access help through the grieving process.
What grief and bereavement support is available?
- Grief and bereavement counselling
- One on one or join our support groups –
- Bereavement support social catch ups – bimonthly
- Access to complementary therapies
- Art therapy – One on one or Group
- Assistance in gaining access to specialist services if appropriate
- Invitation to the annual remembrance services
Who has access to these services?
All families and significant others of Little Haven clients have access to our Bereavement Support Program.
All services are provided on a no fee basis.
Little Haven holds regular informal bereavement support groups that are open to anyone who is dealing with loss or grief.
Coping with loss is discussed in a supportive and confidential environment, facilitated by experienced bereavement support staff Lisa and Petrina. Topics shared may include dealing with loneliness, understanding the grieving process, adjusting to life without your loved one, taking next steps and finding meaning and reinvesting in life.